- Filing for Unemployment Insurance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- If you have questions not answered in the FAQs or Filing for UI links above, you can contact Unemployment Call Centers at the following numbers:
- Northern NJ Region: 201-601-4100
- Central NJ Region: 732-761-2020
- Southern NJ Region: 856-507-2340
- Out of State claims: 888-795-6672 (you must call from a phone with out of state area code)
TeleTown Hall Call on Job Security Deal, June 24, 2020
June 23, 2020: State workers have a job security deal
Last night, your State Worker Bargaining Team successfully completed negotiations on a very important No Layoff Agreement with the Murphy Administration.
This Agreement will protect our members job security during the worst economic upheaval since the Great Depression. It includes a deferral of the upcoming July 2020 raise and a rescheduling of the April 2022 raise. It includes some furlough days, but most of which will be eligible for unemployment.
We will provide the details of this Agreement to our members within the coming days and you will have an opportunity to vote on this No Layoff Agreement this week.
We are proud of the agreement that we negotiated over the past several weeks. Deferring wage increases and having workers furloughed, even for a few days, is difficult. But in an environment such as this, we believe that we have accomplished something remarkable: Job protection for our members and their families. We hope that once you understand the details of this Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) that you will agree and vote yes.
You will soon receive detailed information. We will have a Townhall Call to go over the Agreement, and you will be emailed voting instructions as soon as they are completed.