GUIDANCE FOR FURLOUGHED NJ STATE WORKERS REPRESENTED BY CWA
- Filing for Unemployment Insurance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- If you have questions not answered in the FAQs or Filing for UI links above, you can contact Unemployment Call Centers at the following numbers:
- Northern NJ Region: 201-601-4100
- Central NJ Region: 732-761-2020
- Southern NJ Region: 856-507-2340
- Out of State claims: 888-795-6672 (you must call from a phone with out of state area code)
If you are a CWA Member and you need assistance with COVID-19 issues, please contact your CWA Local. A list of Locals and their phone numbers is available here.
- When you contact your Local, please explain your problem with details:
- Give your name
- Tell them what employer you work for
- Explain concisely what the issue is
- Do not assume that they know, many of our locals are getting hundreds of calls a day.
Please do not call about non-emergency matters that do not have to do with COVID-19. We will handle those issues later.
If you are sick, if you have a family member who needs care, and the issue is that you can’t go to work. Don’t go to work. Make sure that you document why you are out. If the employer is requiring medical or other information that you can’t get, document that you can’t get it and why. We can deal with issues of leave and documentation a little later. Don’t let the issue of documentation cause you to go to work if you are sick. Do what keeps you safe.
Do not leave questions or comments on the general Facebook page. It’s too open and we can’t track who is posting there. PLEASE speak with your shop stewards and go through your Locals for information and to get questions answers.