Oral arguments on the public unions’ lawsuit to force Governor Christie to make the full, legally-required payment into the pension for Fiscal Year 2016 (the fiscal year that begins on July 1, 2015) will take place on May 12 and the state’s budget must be signed into law by July 1. Between now and then, CWA has a mobilization plan to fight back against the Christie Commission’s Roadmap to Ruin, and all members need to be involved.
Click below for a flyer with a phone number to call all three of your state legislators and tell them the state needs to make its legally-required pension payments.
- Legislative call-in flyers for Local 1031, 1032, 1033, 1036, 1037, 1038, 1039, 1040, and all other public sector locals. Non-CWA members who want to help can use this flyer.
- Join our member tele-town halls to stay updated.
- Send us your information to keep you informed by joining our Member Education Program.
- Beginning on or around April 1, vote for the union-endorsed candidates for PERS Board of Trustees. State workers vote for Carey Brown, and county government workers should support Tracy A. Smith.
- State workers should work with their locals to fill out the Contract Survey.