The following information on Open Enrollment has been compiled by CWA from the Division of Pensions and Benefits. This is simply a directory of pertinent links for State Employees during Open Enrollment. For complete information from the Division of Pensions and Benefits, please refer to the Treasury website:
NJ Treasury Division of Pensions and Benefits Open Enrollment 2017 website: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions/oe/
OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD: October 2, 2017 — October 31, 2017
Completed applications must be returned to your human resources representative or benefits administrator for certification by October 31. Do not submit your application directly to the Division of Pensions & Benefits.
Effective date of coverage: January 1, 2018
Why the change?
In 2016, CWA and other public sector union representatives brought forward a proposal to change the management of the prescription system, so that the State is not being over-billed by the Pharmacy Benefits Manager. The state initially resisted the proposed change, but the unions persisted and finally won state cooperation by demonstrating that New Jersey had the opportunity to save over $1 billion dollars without any changes to worker health care benefits.
What does that mean for me and my family?
For nearly all of our members it will simply have a new prescription drug card in your wallet with no change in drugs coverage. Members will receive more information directly from OptumRx during the implementation process, including a welcome letter and OptumRx ID cards to be mailed to member home addresses.
*December 23, 2017 for members paid through the State’s Centralized Payroll Unit
Health Benefits Rates and Information for Plan Year 2018
Use the tabs below to navigate
Review Your Plans
Calculate Your Healthcare Costs
Get an Application
Side-by-Side Comparison of Horizon & Aetna Medical Plans and Costs
State Active Employee Medical Plan Applications
Local Government Employee (SHBP Medical/Prescription Drug Plan) Applications
Employee Dental Plans Application (Active Members Only)
Continuation of Tiered Network Plan Incentives
- State employees may participate
- Local government employees may participate IF their employer has adopted a resolution to take part in the Incentive Program
- Available to first-time enrollees in a tiered network medical plan and continuing for two complete plan years
- Choice of either the Aetna Liberty Plan or the Horizon OMNIA Health Plan
- Employee financial incentive:
- $1,000 for single
- $1,250 for member/spouse/partner
- $1,250 for parent/child(ren)
- $2,000 for family
- Incentive amount shall be paid by a gift card within the first quarter of plan year 2018 and is reportable as taxable income
- Incentive will be forfeited and returned to the SHBP if subscriber fails to remain enrolled for at least two plan years (1/1/18 through 12/31/19)