Topics & Call Overview:
Strike at Verizon, Hetty Rosenstein, CWA NJ Director
- 40,000 CWA & IBEW members walked off the job at Verizon on April 13 after bargaining for 10 months.
- Verizon is proposing massive cuts to employee and retiree health benefits even while making $1.5 billion in profit a month in 2015.
- Support workers and go to a picket line location. Find a picket line by visiting standuptoverizon.com
Constitutional Amendment Campaign, Seth Hahn, Political Director
- Review of legislative timeframe when Amendment will be passed a second time in the Legislature to officially be on the ballot
Constitutional Amendment Mobilization: Labor Walks and Phone Banks
- On the homepage of Go to cwanj.org/laborwalks to view a schedule of walks and contact your local to coordinate your volunteer activities.
Legal Update on Increments – Hetty Rosenstein
- Unions won Atlantic Decision at PERC. Christie Administration immediately appealed.
- It could be some time before the NJ Supreme Court decides to hear the case.